We have until September 10, 2011 to be ready to "slip" into our bridesmaid dresses. This is a food diary and progress journal so that you can help, comment, and be along for the journey.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday!

Well, it's the end of a very busy, eventful week.  I had sick children in the beginning, but from Wednesday on it has been Halloween madness, and running.  I started reading this book called, "The non-runners guide to marathon training"  Amazing.  It's encouraging, and it helps give me a reasonable idea of how my running should be.  Although I'm not planning on running a marathon in 16 weeks, I am planning on walking 13.1 miles in a mere 5 weeks.  13.1 miles is a long way!  So, I took the books advice and started running.....very, very slowly.  I think the reason I've always hated running is because I hate going slow.  Sometimes I could actually walk faster than I am running....but that isn't the point.  Running for me is a mental thing.  Pushing myself to do something I hate.  I ran 4 miles my first day.  I was stoked.  It is so much farther than I ever thought I could run.  Given, it took forever, but I did it!   My foot is hurting, so I only ran Tues and Wed.  Yesterday I went for a walk, and my plan is to go for another run today. 
Eating healthy has been somewhat of a challenge.  Most of the time I find myself in the pantry just looking for something, anything to snack on.  I almost always can't find anything and end up eating either celery, lettuce, or an apple.  I've eaten a ton of apples.   It's funny how you're hungry, but you just can't find anything.  My staples have become hummus, apples, muesli and yogurt, and pita chips, among other things.  I eat whatever Henry makes for dinner.  On Thursdays I eat at subway.   Yum. 
I hate the struggle in my mind over food.  I think that it's getting easier, and I'm trying to make sure it's balanced the way it should be, but a lot of the time I'm thinking about food.  It's hard to know when I'm actually hungry, or if it's just the fact that I'm trying not to eat to much....so I want it.  That standard reaction that every child has.  You can't have something, so you want it even more.  My mind struggles.  Luckily I live in a house of very organic vegetarians.   There isn't very much junk around for me to grab.  I did sneak a few dark chocolate edamame the other day but if that is the worst I can do, then I'm feeling pretty lucky.  Change, change...sometimes difficult, but often fun. 

Playlist:
Paramore
Ingrid Michaelson
Beyonce:she's been fun to run to.

2 comments: