We have until September 10, 2011 to be ready to "slip" into our bridesmaid dresses. This is a food diary and progress journal so that you can help, comment, and be along for the journey.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday, Monday

(This is Carrie)
So, My first day of this new journey.  One of the things I didn't mention before was my idea to incorporate a time of prayer each morning.  Although I've tried, my morning quiet times have been sporadic at best.  I often find time in the evening to read and pray, but it's shameful how slack it has been.  So, each morning with breakfast I want to read a chapter and pray.  So, I'll be keeping you updated on where I'm reading, and please pray with me for diligence.
It's funny how when you're writing out everything you eat you think twice before eating something.  My initial instinct is, "are you going to be embarrassed to post this to the blog?"  Well, it's such a good conscience to have.  My day started out like any other.  Get up, shower, make coffee, make lunches, wake up girls, make breakfast, and get out the door as close to 7:15 as possible.  I did, consciously eat a whole wheat bagel with low-fat cream cheese this morning.  It's not my normal breakfast, but I woke up later than usual, and succumbed to the time crunch.  I put very little cream cheese though, so that wont hurt as much as the 40 carbs from the bagel will.
I've been walking a lot, but days like today make staying inside look better and better.  It's raining, and the wind makes it feel quite chilly.  I'm liking the idea of tea more and more.  I kept telling myself, "don't procrastinate.  Go for a walk now before you don't have the time.  You wont have the time to go after work tonight...take advantage of the day time. GO!"  My internal struggle is something I'll continually be fighting on this blog, hence the reason for the blog.
I went for a decent walk, about 4 miles.  It wasn't supposed to be a workout as much as just moving.  My legs are really sore from a brilliant idea I had yesterday to do a leg workout....I could hardly walk up the stairs this morning.  It was a nice walk though.  I really enjoyed the fall air.

So, today my journal is as follows:
breakfast-bagel and light cream cheese
lunch- chicken egg roll-it was low fat, and had lots of protein.  Which is good because I live with vegetarians.
snack-6 triscuit....yes, I counted, and a small apple
dinner-lentil soup, a little bit of mushroom pasta, salad, and a delicious apple from my sister Laura!
I'm still figuring out how to count my exact calories, but I know that I was eating small portions. 

Music:
I decided to include the pandora stations I listened to throughout the day...random, I know.
Lots of Paramore-great for walking, my Paramore station rocks.
Mumford and Sons-they fit the dreary, cloudy, fall feel
Ingrid Michaelson while I was waiting a the school for Alicia. 
Yay for Pandora.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie have been listening to those almost exact pandora stations... plus a little beyonce, and colbie caillat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you ladies! You should try Jillian's 30 day shred! Totally worth it, and only takes about 25 minutes!

    ReplyDelete