We have until September 10, 2011 to be ready to "slip" into our bridesmaid dresses. This is a food diary and progress journal so that you can help, comment, and be along for the journey.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

2 for 1

(Thursday)
I went to bed rather early last night, at 9:30.  I woke up at 5 this morning ready to get moving.  It's a nice change of pace since usually I have to drag my butt out of bed at 5:45.  It was the easiest morning this week.  The girls got ready quickly, and there weren't any tears.  When the morning goes smoothly it helps me feel optimistic about the rest of my day.  I had a lot to do yesterday, but I spent most of the day moving my room around a bit, and organizing things.  I also went and bought some curtains for my bedroom, and a new shower curtain.  It's crazy how quickly my 4 hours without the girls cruises by.  Before I know it I'm sitting outside of Alicia's school waiting for my crazy afternoon to begin. 
My challenge with managing my time well is the same as it always is when I have to summon the will power to do what I should be doing.  Even taking the time out of my day to write this blog can become an excuse not to exercise.  I'm going to try to write in the evenings when it's to dark to go walking.  Eating has been easier than expected, mostly because there isn't a ton of junk to munch on in this house.  Yes, there is some, but so far it's been easy to avoid. 
Breakfast: I ate a whole wheat tortilla with a little bit of peanut butter and honey(Laura sent me the most delicious Honey from a farmers market).   
Lunch:  I can't remember...which isn't good...but I seriously can't remember
snack: I ate reduced fat wheat thins again....yum. 
Dinner:  I made a delicious salad with onions, peppers, apple, and lettuce.  Even Gigi had some because she said it looked so good...and it was.
Gigi and I made cookies for dessert(a small batch).  I ate only one small cookie after they came out.  It was delicious...not low on calories...but delicious. 

Playlist:
Disney Music in the morning
I didn't listen as much to Pandora, but I was jamming out on the piano for a bit.

(Friday)
Lovely Friday, how I love you.
What a day.  I drove the girls to school, went grocery shopping, and came back to the house.  Telling myself over and over that I would make time for a walk today.  I put the groceries away, made myself a bowl of muesli with yogurt, and sat down at my computer for the first time in a while.  I sipped my coffee for a bit, responded to a few emails, tried to hunt down a ringtone for my dad to no avail, and finally drug my lazy self outside for a walk.  And walk I did.  I decided to take a bit of a different route, and ended up walking over 5 miles.  I haven't walked that far in a long time, and my foot that was already hurting was screaming at me by the end of the walk.  The last mile or so I was able to talk on the phone with Hilary which really helped take my mind off my aching foot.  She called with some news.  December 4th there is a half Marathon in Panama City Beach, FL(where Hilary lives) so, if I can find a ticket, I'm going to fly down there and walk the 13.1 miles with her.  She can only walk since she'll be 8 months pregnant, but she wants to do it.  If she can't finish then I'll have to finish on my own, but I'm excited at the possibility of being able to do this with her.  A goal!  Something to work towards.  I like it. 

Breakfast:  Muesli with yogurt and 1/2 banana
Lunch: 1slice of bread, hummus, and a little bit of leftover pasta
Dinner: Salad, and a small piece of homemade calizone.
Playlist:
Mat Kearney is awesome.
Paramore is too.
John Mayer....hum, John Mayer.
Norah Jones made for a pleasant morning.  The girls really enjoyed her CD when they were getting ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment